3.04.2015

Talk about a 180

My last post I talked about how I have not knit anything this year.  I've done a 180.  Now I have finished one pair of fingerless gloves for my Grandma, one pair of tube socks for my daughter, ripped a shawl for my Grandma twice (started with a new pattern each time) and only have the border left (3rd times a charm right?!) and I knit the Drizzle hat.  I also pulled out the Owlet sweater I had hibernating because if I finished in the size I was knitting it would be way too tight for Miss A.  And the best part?  I'm almost done with the Sweater the Never Ends.

This sweater has a few names - the Sweater that Never Ends, the death of me, the $^%$*#()@# but mostly Hubby's Sweater.  I started this sweater in 2012.  Yes.  Over 3 years.  Granted a majority of the time has been spent in UFO bin.  I have finally finished the whole body.  I've knit the sleeves and now am half-way done with the hood.  I cannot tell you how much a relief this is to me, getting so close.  And now there is no way I will put it back into hibernation, because I can taste the finish line!  So far my year of "Finish What I Start" is well on it's way.  I've ripped one sweater, have another one I plan to rip and as soon as I'm done with Hub's then I'm finishing another for me.  That one will be quick and painless.  Then I plan to cast on!  I've been waiting patiently to cast on what I consider a "real" sweater.

So, in hindsight, I have one piece of advice for you all.  Never, and I mean never, knit a man size Large of an all stockinette stitch cardigan.  Flat stockinette the whole way through.  Guys, the only reason this sweater took so long; pure boredom.  Don't do it.  Just don't.


2 comments:

  1. My Hubs already knows he won't get a sweater from me...plus he doesn't do wool well...and he is always hot...so he'd probably never wear it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracey, my hubs won't wear winter jackets so he only wears sweaters outside. And he is a smoker (ewww) so he goes outside A LOT

      Delete

Your comments make me happy