3.19.2015

2 years 7 months

That's exactly how long that darn sweater of death was on the needles.  And 1 week ago I was rejoicing and had such a huge weight off my shoulders!  I finished the darn thing.  Granted I still have to block it which might be time consuming but should be easy enough.  Then there is the dreaded installation of a zipper.  I'll be damned if it's not perfect though.  There's this voice inside me that just says "get it done!  who cares if its not perfect, you will be 100% done with it".  And boy do I want to give into that voice just a little - but I know better.  After almost 3 years of work on this sweater I don't want to screw up something so "little" as the zipper.  That's in quotes since really nothing about this sweater is even near little.  But I want it to be great!  I want my hubs to show it off.  I want him to boast "my wife made this for me!!"  If that zipper is half-assed I'd be hiding behind a rock somewhere when he says that instead!  So here it is -  the sweater off the needles and on a model way too small for it.  There will be a photo shoot when it is really DONE - that was one of the conditions in making this sweater.  I don't care how much my husband hates the camera!

This picture is so awful and was just meant for my hubs.  Feel special that I'm sharing it with you.  Very special.
 
Now that this is done and I have my sewing room back I'm been going crazy with sewing projects.  I've been doing well with my "finish what you start" theme for 2015 and have intentions of finishing one sweater and ripping one sweater.  Then the plan is to start the lovely Artemisia Sweater and follow the sister Craftsy class for it.  Hopefully that will keep me on track!!  I'll leave you with my latest FO and yes - that sure is some of the very coveted Frozen material (i found a steal on it!)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:33 AM

    Well done for persevering. Good luck with the zipper.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy