7.09.2014

New Blog - New Camera

It's Work In Progress Wednesday.  And it's been a while since I've chimed in on the subject.  I pulled all my WIPs out a week or so ago (you don't want to see - it's ugly) and decided what I want to finish and what needs to be frogged.

One of the projects I was excited to get back to was Ysolda Teague's Follow Your Arrow Mystery KAL.  I started this project when it was released in January.  First Mystery KAL I ever did and I stayed on schedule with her clues!  Until the last one. I got stuck.  I frogged again and again because I couldn't get my numbers straight.  Apparently I lose the ability to count when it comes to my knitting.  So I put it away for a week or so, then had to go home for 6 weeks.  The way this KAL worked was that each clue had 2 options, so there were so many possibilities for different outcomes.   This week I decided the best course of action was to rip out the last clue and pick the other option.  And it sure is going swimmingly.  In fact, it seems to be swimming off my needles. That is, when my daughter doesn't decide my highlighter tape on my chart is a sticker for her to pull off and wear. Halfway through the chart already and prepping my blocking area.

Now as you've noticed there has been a blog makeover.  I have a new camera to go with the new blog.  I've been using the Photography Tutorial developed my Eskimimi (if you don't follow her blog, go do it now!) and playing a whole lot.  The hard part is trying to figure out how to work my camera. It's still a point and shoot, I wanted something I could throw in my purse.  But it's definitely an improvement on our old cameras and my iPhone which I've been depending on for a year now.  It is a Samsung WB350F.  We decided on this one after playing with a friends on a camping trip.  I love it and let me tell you, the fact that my camera connects to WiFi and is a touchscreen blows my mind.  And the zoom on this thing is pure genius.  I'll share my best picture of my WIP, but I still have some work to do.  Especially figuring out how to use my white balance.  A step up though, from the past, don't you think?

  FYI - I plan to change my URL feed.  Please check back and be aware that the old one will no longer work!  

4 comments:

  1. Mystery KALs look so much fun, but the obsessive planner in me just screams NO at anything that I can't see beforehand!

    Congrats on basically being an expert photographer now :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's why I've never done them before, but the idea of a "choose your own adventure" type KAL intrigued me way too much.

      Delete
  2. Out of the yarn bowl and onto your needles. You'll be finished in no time. Enjoy finishing your KAL!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:00 AM

    Great photo!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy