7.10.2013

Half Way There

I did the math.  Car time this summer will be 70 hours.  Yup. 70.  With a toddler. And that is just drive time - not including stopping for said toddler. Good news is 32 hours of that is now behind us! So we are almost half way there. And lots of knitting.  I will say I didn't get as much knitting done as I had hoped, but still a good dent.  Definitely quite a bit to show! Next trip will be after the hubs deploys and I imagine I will actually be doing a bulk of the driving.  But we are taking a trip within a trip and that will be 9 hours each way!  So more knitting time.  Did anyone else hate road trips until they became a knitter?  I now look forward to that [mostly] uninterrupted time with my yarn and needles!  Did I mention I get to go to the Michigan Fiber Festival?

This past trip was a trip to visit some of my husbands family.  First priority - his grandparents.  He hasn't seen them since our wedding, his grandfather has Parkinsons and Prostate cancer.  There's sadly a good chance he won't be around when Rob gets back from deployment.  So we needed to make a trip up there.  Not only so we could see him again but so Miss A could meet her Great-Grandparents and they could meet her.  We had a great time on the trip and also got to visit my FIL, but I will share more about the trip next post.

Must apologize for the poor picture quality.
For now - onto knitting!! First up is my Lettuce Pullover.  I didn't knit on it for all too long.  It was really a knit while playing the name game with my husband project.  Mainly because it's joined now and is just stockinette in circular.  No thinking required.  So I was spending most the time on the projects that required thinking - although they still didn't require much.

Watching the Sock Bunny Knit & Fit Podcast
                                   
I cast on a Girlfriend Market Bag right before the trip.  Thought it would make good car knitting and it did.  I would have finished it, if it only took one skein of cotton.  It didn't.  I don't know why I thought I could make a bag out of 153 yards.  So I bought the second skein today.  I'm using Hobby Lobby's I Love This Cotton.  I must say, it has a good rep for a reason.  It's cheap cotton that is actually soft!  And, with the coupons Hobby Lobby has it's easy to get it even cheaper!  I made a market bag for my mom years ago and have wanted to make one for myself ever since.  I'm actually getting around to doing it! 

Some pictures might look familiar if you follow me on Instagram
                                   
Also working on the Stripey Socks.  Love these.  The cable detail is just enough.  I'm really glad I pulled out the plain vanilla and started again.  One of them is finished and I'll say it fits like a dream.  I've had such issues with some patterns not fitting my foot right.  Its why I still haven't finished the Black & Blues.  I just don't feel like pulling the toe out again to add some length.   If you want to find some more fibery goodness today, head on over to Tami's Amis for WIP Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy