2.20.2013

WIP Wednesday - Proud

When I got back to blogging at the beginning of the year I said I wasn't going to post about the same WIP every week. And as you know I've been working on 3 sweaters at the same time so it seems I wouldn't have a great deal of progress to post. I surprise myself when I say this but I actually do!


Ravelry Project Page: Pen Pal Mystery KAL
Pattern: Hoaloha

Last week I was just swatching for Mel's Mystery KAL. I'm proud to say I've kept up with the clues and have started clue #2, which puts me past the bust. This is the farthest I've gotten on an adult size sweater and I'm proud to say I did it in a week. It's amazing how working with others at the same rate can motivate you to keep up and keep going. Mel is doing a wonderful job with this mystery. Not only does she put out a new clue every week with further directions, but she also has password protected posts on her blog to help explain and for asking questions. Then of course there is also a thread for the KAL on Ravelry AND you can tweet her! So there is no reason to have any issues because its impossible not to get your questions answered! If you aren't participating the pattern will be available later. I also suggest keeping an eye out in case she does another mystery KAL. If you are on the fence about them, hers is definitely the way to go!


Ravelry Project Page: Blue Tweed Road

I've also cast on a cowl this week. It's quite a fun knit and I can't wait to see the finished product. I think it's turning out to be a great combination of yarn and pattern. In fact I'm really loving the tweed. I don't think I've ever knit with it before. I really chose this cowl pattern because of its versatility. I'm sharing with you the actual pattern photo because that is what sold me on this pattern (even though its free). There are so many ways you can wear it so it works weather you want to dress up or down and wear it with your outer wear or regular clothes.

Linking up with WIP Wednesday!

ETA*  Will have links added later today!

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the sweater! I made my first adult sweater last year and was amazed I'd managed to finish it and it fitted!! The cowl looks fab too. I think I might have to add that to my wish-list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the neckline of your sweater. The color will work with so many things.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy