1.08.2013

Another Addition

I've recently started reading the blog Good Life Books  (check out the whole blog.  Great recipes as well!) as a hopeful kick in the bum to add more reading in my life.  Yesterday she posted about a new weekly meme Weekly Reads hosted by her and Life Your Way (a blog I intend to peruse a bit now).  Basically we just blog about what we are reading, want to read and whatnot.  Not much different than our WIP Wednesday posts most of us are so familiar with, but with books.  She explains better than I, so go check out her post.

Alot of you may be thinking that this isn't much different than the Yarn Along Meme I've participated in.  Well, it is and it isn't.  The Yarn Along Meme is a combination of knitting and reading, not to mention it gets a bit outranked by WIP Wednesdays.  I still really enjoy GSheller's Small Things blog but in an effort to really concentrate on life as a whole instead of having life and having knitting, and really try to make reading more a reachable 2013 goal, I thought participating in the Weekly Bookclub would allow me to put more of a concentration on books.



Asked on the first post "Do you have a list of to-read books?" the answer is yes!  Yes, yes, a million times yes!  And the list will never end.  And I will never read everything on it.  So in the best interest of being realistic I'm not even going to post a list for 2013.  I'm going to post a very short list.  For the near future.  Mostly because I've already started (if you count 1 or 2 chapters as starting) a few of these.

Lets start with currently reading:


1.  Hannah's List by Debbie Macomber - seriously, I started this book in April according to my Goodreads account.  But I am actively reading it now, again.

2. Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey by The Countess of Carvarnon - just started listening to this audiobook as part of a Subway Knits RAL.


To Finish:
1. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins - I picked this up as soon as I finished Hunger Games.  Then I picked it back up with the movie came out.  Next time I'm sure I'll finish!


To Read:
1.  The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien - because no - I've never read it.  Now I've seen the movie though.  It has to count for something right?  I'm one of the very few children who didn't get the privilege of being forced to read this book as required classroom reading in school.

2. Continuation of the Blossom Street series.  Maybe the next book, maybe finish the series.  There are only two more.  We will see where the year takes me.

3.  Another Non-fiction book.  I don't read many non-fictions, but the few I do read always tend to resonate with me.  Sometimes they even become my favorite books.  So I'd like to actively attempt to at least read one this year, apart from Lady Almina.

That my list.  Short.  Sometimes a bit vague. But hopefully my year will consist of this reading plus some.

1 comment:

  1. What a great list! I've never read The Hobbit in its entirety either and was thinking that should maybe be on my list this year as well.

    If I could recommend one non-fiction book for this year, it would be Love Does by Bob Goff. I'm about halfway through now and it's really so, so good!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me happy