Since we are having a new start, let's start with the new. I have a sewing project in the works! I found an online tutorial, and then really just based what I wanted to do off it. I've modified it beyond belief actually, otherwise I'd give credit where credit is due. But I'm making a crib guard. Not hard to come up with a pattern for anyways. Just had to measure the sides of the crib! Very easy. Till I realized I hadn't unpacked my sewing kit yet - including my pins. So I bought new ones. Everyone can use more pins right? Definitely turning the green and pink colors into my daughter's bedroom colors! I figure if I just keep it pops of pink she won't get sick of it right? Maybe that's wishful thinking.
Next up is Roo Two. I now have knit a kangaroo's tail and 2 arms. This pattern is seriously giving me a headache though! If it was for ANYONE but my husband, it'd be frogged. Just way too many pieces for a toy. Which is also going to mean tons of sewing at the end too....ugh. Can't wait. I've tried to modify the feet twice, because I don't like the way they are designed, with no luck. I figured I'd skip it and move onto the snout. Yes, the snout is separate from the head. See what I'm talking about!? Well either my math is wrong or my fingers are making more stitches than they should be without my knowledge because I seem to end up with too many stitches after the second row every time. I put it away for a few days, before I break a needle or two.
I have a HO (half - object). I heard this term from SingleHandedKnits (which you should go watch by the way! She is Aaa...mazing! I'll do a post dedicated to her podcast later!) My HO is a sock! An Anastasia Sock which I'm calling the Forbidden Socks. I've named them this because the color is custom dyed from A Stash Addict (also awesome by the way!) which she named Forbidden Love. I'll probably be casting on the second sock in just a few minutes here. I really love this pattern, although it does become a bit fidgety when the pattern does the whole 360 around the sock. It gives an additional element to the sock without taking away from the color, which I like.
Last item on the list. I mentioned the Happy Place Baby Blanket last week. I've been trucking along on that! Finally off magic-loop and the blanket is big enough for a 47" cable. It's growing quite fast and I'd say I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. I'm not going to make it huge since it's for my daughter. I'm not sure if I have enough yarn, but I'm just using cheap (but very soft!) Bernat's Baby Softee that I bought on clearance at Wal-mart. If I don't have enough I've decided that I will buy more in a simple white to finish with a border.
Here's hoping you found me ok and you like the new look! Be sure to go check out more WIP Wednesday Posts over at Tami's Amis and Other Creations!!