6.21.2013

The Post I Never Thought I'd Write

It's sad that I'm doing this, but I am going to prove all those stereotypes about housewives correct.  Well one of them at least.  Please all feminists out there don't send me hate mail.  I Love My Vacuum.  There - said it.  I do.



I'll start at the beginning.  The very beginning.  I was that kid that you could only get to vacuum their bedroom once or twice a year.  Yep, that was me.  As I've matured into adulthood I understand that you need to vacuum more than that.  But that doesn't change the fact that my vacuum broke in our move from Germany and I didn't buy a new vacuum once while we were in the old apartment.  I finally broke down and bought a n vacuum when we moved on post after we had a friend house sit and he made a mess in the house.  Needless to say it still took me two weeks because if I was going to drop the money on the vacuum I was going to get the one I want.  The store still didn't have it, or my 2nd choice and I couldn't wait any longer.  I bought the cheap one.  A Dirt Devil EZ Lite Canister to be exact!  I'm warning you now, don't buy it unless you have a very small room to use it on and you don't have pets!  Or kids!


This year my husband bought me a Eureka Whirlwind Rewind.  Whoever says don't buy your wife cleaning appliances for presents must have great tools already.  Sometimes it's so nice to get something that works right.  Now I've been vacuuming 3 times a week on a regular basis.  The fact that you can see what you pick up actually motivates me to use it more often because I am picking up so much!  It actually disgusts me to think about what was on my floor and in my rug when I wasn't vacuuming very often - with a crappy vacuum no less.  Just look at how full this is after just my living room and play room!  

Don't think I feel bad if you skip this post (of course you wouldn't be reading this if you did) but I just wanted to point out that sometimes things you once hated can be enjoyed when your tools change.  I think this can apply to so many areas of life too.  Next time ill have to try it with a martini in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me happy